Sheila Cunningham, MCR.w
CoreNet Global Canadian Chapter
On behalf of the Leadership Council of the Canadian Chapter of CoreNet Global, it is a pleasure to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year. I’m proud to serve as the President of this incredible Chapter and to work with such a dynamic team of professionals and individuals.
I want to thank all our Leadership Council, Committee Members, and our staff team for their tireless and dedicated service to the Canadian Chapter. To our sponsors, thank you for your continued support in 2021.
It goes without saying that 2020 was a challenging time for everyone. I don’t think any of us could have imagined the impact of the Global pandemic both personally and professionally.
The 2020 journey was difficult but as a Chapter we did not lose focus in delivering value to our members. We were able to pivot and provide creative and strategic content to our members through:
- The delivery of 16 webinars which resulted in $4,500 in donations to food banks across Canada;
- The production of our very first virtual REmmy Awards. We had 292 real estate professionals in attendance to honour the finalists and award winners. This was truly a successful event. The 10th Annual REmmy Awards is scheduled for November 24, 2021.
- A partnership with CoreNet Global to deliver MCR courses virtually;
- Expansion of our collaboration with BOMA, NAIOP, REALPAC, SIOR, Toronto CREW and ULI for programming related to Diversity & Inclusion as well as efforts to support front line workers impacted by COVID.
- A regional presence established in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver to better serve our members coast to coast.
This year the Leadership Council will deliver on three strategic priorities: to be a Thriving Organization, Awareness and Engagement, and Professional Development. Within these priorities we will ensure:
- Promotion of the CoreNet brand to internal and external stakeholders;
- Relevant programming events delivered across the country;
- Work with CoreNet Global to deliver professional development courses in Canada that supports corporate real estate professionals obtaining MCR, MCR.w and SLCR designations;
- Continue to build a strong foundation for the Canadian Chapter.
If you are interested in becoming a member, would like to volunteer or simply want to reach out to say hello, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.